Dreampursuit.blogspot.com is a resource that offers help to people that are on a journey to a new beginning. I am here to motivate people looking for ways to turn thier passion, dreams and desires into a internet business or homebusiness. I am here to encourage, motivate and inspire you. You will receive tools and resources that will help you move to the next step of your journey. Remember that I am here for you.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

One Of The Keys To Your Treasure Is Goal Setting

I was talking to my best friend, Mel the other day, about my blog and even though he’s a big fan of mine: LOL, he mentioned that it was missing something. I asked him, “what was it missing”?. He said, “Gigi, I like to know more about your goals”.

He informed me that goals are not promises, but commitments and that I needed to set some goals in order to obtain my dreams. That made since to me. So I went to work on putting them together.

If you remember from my previous blogs, I shared my dreams with you. But a dream is only a dream if there is no plan to take ACTION. (I know, dreaming is more fun, there’s know hard work involved).

This is what I came up with. To be to my own boss, run my business from home and to be able to make a profit of 50K at the end of 2008.

After looking over my goals, they seemed to big to reach. That was a little overwhelming. So I decided to brake them down into smaller, bite size goals.

For example, I am going to work on putting together a marketing strategy. I plan to have this completed in two weeks.

Another small goal I plan to accomplish, is to have my website built and completed in two weeks. (By the way, I found this great website building service at www.sitesell.com/site4u.html. I especially recommend it for people who are interested in building their own website. The great thing about it is, you don’t have to know anything about HTML. They practically take you by the hand from beginning to end. It’s awesome).

Now, here are some basic rules to goal setting:

1-You should write down your goals.
2- Your goals should be specific.
3- Your goals should have a time frame as to when each one will be completed.
4-You should review and up date your goals on a regular basis.
5- You should keep your goals near you at all time. Because they will serve as a reminder why your dreams are worth pursuing.
6. Don’t forget to celebrate your small achievements.

Here’s one of my favorite quotes:

“There is a time when we must firmly
choose the course we will follow,
or the endless drift of events will make
the decision for us“. By Herbert Prochnow.

I hope this helps you as much as it’s helped me.

Well forks, that’s it for now.

Ps. Blessings to you and yours and may all your dreams come true.

Your friend, Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment

CommentLuv Members